Font Designer – Deberny & Peignot

Created by a merger of the two companies Deberny & Cie (founded 1818) and Peignot & fils (founded 1842) in 1923. Its main font designers were A. M. Cassandre and Adrian Frutiger. One of the first practicable phototypesetting machines, the Lumitype, was developed in the 1950s. In 1972, the company was acquired by the Haas foundry (Haas’sche Gießerei) in Münchenstein.
The Know How section offers detailed background knowledge to deal with all enquiries about the use of fonts.

Related products